Welcome to Summer!
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma Valley is the largest provider of youth summer activities in Sonoma Valley. While this Summer is a little different due to the pandemic, we are still very much committed to providing our community educational and enriching summer programming to help our youth improve academically and socially even during these unprecedented times. As our community continues to open up more and more, we are excited to offer some really fun and educational ways to continue to grow, all while keeping safety a priority.
Who are we serving?
Camps are available for members entering 1st grade through 9th grade. For information on summer activities for high school students, please click here.
What are program hours?
Day Camp and Specialty Camps will run from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Specialty Camp-specific programming will end at 12:30, but other great camp programming will be provided for the remainder of the day.
Middle School Day Camp will run from 9am to 3pm.
What is the cost for Summer Camp?
Day Camp $100 weekly
Specialty Camp $175 weekly
MS Day Camp $80 weekly
Ability to pay will NEVER be a barrier for participation. If you are in need of financial assistance, please reach out to Jess Calderon [email protected].
What should my child bring to the program?
For safety reasons, we ask that you only bring what is listed below. Each Club member will receive their own set of supplies to use while at the Club. The Club will not be providing meals at this time, so please be sure to pack snacks and a lunch.
Bring from home in a backpack:
- A Book or 2
- Snacks & Lunch
- A Water bottle
Where are you located?
Day Camps will be located at both our Maxwell Clubhouse (100 W. Verano Ave) and Sonoma Valley Church of the Nazarene (18980 Arnold Dr.). We will reach out to you if your child/ren will be attending Day Camp at Sonoma Valley Church of the Nazarene.
Specialty Camps will be located at our Maxwell Clubhouse (100 W. Verano Ave.)
Middle School Day Camp will be held at Teen Services Sonoma (17440 Sonoma Hwy)
What safety protocols have you put in place?
● Reduced our staff-to-member ratio from 1:20 to 1:14 (or at times 2:14)
● Ensured members have their own desk and equipment, positioned at least six feet apart from the next person. (using tape on the ground as a guide)
● Established consistent groups with no commingling or rotations.
● Instituted a daily wellness screening consisting of a verbal questionnaire and temperature check upon drop off and another temperature check during the second hour of programming.
● Implemented enhanced hygiene protocols regarding handwashing, not touching face and monitoring symptoms, etc. per CDC recommendations.
● Enhanced facilities maintenance protocols by increasing infrastructure dedicated to consistent disinfecting and cleaning during program and increased janitorial services.
● New pick up and drop off procedure (see below).
Who is my point of contact at the Club?
For any questions, please reach out to Joe Hardeman at [email protected]
Expectations & Handbooks
Club Parent Expectations (https://www.bgcsonoma.org/club-parent-expectations/)
Family Handbook (https://www.bgcsonoma.org/bgcsv-family-handbook/)
Addendum to our Family Handbook (https://www.bgcsonoma.org/addendum-to-family-handbook/)