Athletics Postponement – January 2022
Dear Athletic Families & Coaches-
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma Valley has been continually monitoring the COVID19 crisis and guidelines from the Sonoma County, CDC, and DHC. We have remained optimistic about our athletic seasons and know the positive impact sports and physical activity have on a child. With the recent health order released by the county (https://socoemergency.org/order-of-the-health-officer-c19-35) regarding the voluntary stay at home order & event capacity limits, we have made the very hard decision to postpone once again and or cancel our athletic programs accordingly.
To give our Jr. Basketball families, the opportunity to complete the season, we will be postponing the season through the 30-day mandate, resuming the final 3 games during the last two weeks of February should the mandate be lifted. Communication with game & practice times will be sent out in the coming weeks.
For those currently signed up for Futsal, it is with a heavy heart we have decided to cancel the season altogether. We had hoped to postpone but when looking at schedules here at BGCSV, spring break, and those of other sports leagues in which many of our kids play we did not feel we could deliver the program we want in the time frame given. We will be offering a full refund for all futsal families. You may also choose to help sustain the vital programs at Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma by turning your program fee into a tax-deductible donation for the Club.
Please respond to this email if you would like to convert your athletic fee to a donation, otherwise, we will be processing refunds in the next 7-10 days.
Again, we apologize for the change in programming but appreciate your understanding.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of our team. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any member of our team- Dawn Holman, [email protected], Joe Petersen, [email protected], or Mindy Neves, [email protected].
Our co-ed junior basketball program is a fun, recreational league that’s open to boys and girls in K – 3rd grade and is designed to foster teamwork, good sportsmanship, and healthy recreational habits.
Fall 2021 Session: League begins the week of November 15, 2021, and runs through January 2022.
Registration is open through November 10, 2021
- All children MUST be at least 6 years old to play.
- Registration is $150 sport fee + $25 annual membership fee. Scholarships are available and no child will ever be turned away due to an inability to pay.
- All participants will be evaluated and drafted by our Athletic Director and Coaches to ensure that athletic talent is evenly distributed. We want everyone to have equal opportunity to participate and have a great time!
- All athletic fees must be paid prior to the start of the draft or no later than 5 days before the first practice.
- All fees are non-refundable; partial refunds may be issued for extreme circumstances at the discretion of our Club/Athletic Director.
Please check our calendar for this year’s season information.
We need your help as a coach or referee! Please click below to learn how to become an athletics volunteer, or email Joe Petersen for more information.